Finding a new job is hard work at the best of times and if you are feeling anxious about the process and how to tackle the task, read on and take note of How to Get a Job in 2015.
Nine job searching tips
- Decide where you want to be and what you want to do. Have a real goal and and set milestones as you would on a project. Be specific.
- Make it your current job to find a job and work at this project seriously. Use your SMART goals to achieve your new job.
- Focus clearly on your goal and your specific target role but keep in mind that industries and job titles can be interchangeable so be broad-minded as well.
- Think creatively as well and use Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest and LinkeIn in the best possible ways. Have active accounts with relevant information.
- Optimise your CV/Resumé with the right key-words so that your CV/Resumé is picked up by relevant search engines and that roles you apply for are the right ones.
- Position yourself as the expert in your field and ensure that positive and relevant information can be found to substantiate your applications.
- Network extensively and broaden your connections. Think laterally about who you know and who you can network with.
- Revive informational interviews, calling on your network contacts for information and support at this critical time. You don’t need to ask them for a job just ask them for further connections, ideas and information.
- Communicate to all and sundry using face-to-face meetings, telephone, email and on-line opportunities. You may be surprised at where your new job will come from.
Do you agree with this? Post your thoughts below...