The Open Candidates feature means you can discreetly job search without your boss finding out.
[pullquote]Dan Shapero, LinkedIn’s Careers product lead, says that if you turn on Open Candidates, the “looking for new work” signal will only be shared with recruiters who are not in any way connected to the place where you currently work. That means that even if you are looking, you won’t jeapordise your current job in the process. You can then share your profile with that recruiter privately, too.[/pullquote]
All serious active job seekers need a profile on LinkedIn and now Open Candidates will allow recruiters to contact you on LinkedIn without alerting your place of work. Recruiters will know that you are open to new job opportunities.
How to set up your Open Candidates page and encourage recruiters to contact you
- Open up LinkedIn and look at the top tool bar with the different menus.
- Click on Jobs tab
- Open up the Preferences Tab
- Click to on – “Let recruiters know you’re open”
- Complete the rest of the page, tailoring the responses to your requirements
- Specify the companies you are interested in
- Check the roles that offer ou the best opportunity
- Make sure that your LinkedIn profile is up-to-date as recruiters will be looking at it
Recruiters are going to use Open Candidates to search for top talent.