First of all, is there an art for successful job hunting?
Of course there is. It’s all about research, preparation and action planning.
What is successful job hunting?
To be successful in the job hunting stakes you need to get organised.
Getting organised means having done your research, made preparations and kept records and planned your strategy.
Job hunting is an occupation in itself.
Of course it’s easier said than done so here are some tips and ideas to keep you on track:
- Set aside an area that resembles a space where you can work quietly and efficiently uninterrupted.
- Do you have all the equipment you need?
- Who can you network with? Online, face-to-face locally and personally
- Does your CV include keywords and a positioning statement?
- Is your CV format suitable for uploading to online job boards?
- Is your online footprint suitable? Does your LinkedIn profile mirror your CV? Is Facebook showing you in your true colours?
- Can you find job descriptions, word clouds and company information easily?
- Is your job objective realistic and does it match your career action plan?
Read more about the Art of Successful Job Hunting in Get That Job.
As always, I'd love to hear your thoughts!