The Watson-Glaser Critical Thinking Appraisal UK (W-GCTAUK) measures abilities that have clear relevance for the decision-makers in any organisation. This unique test provides an invaluable assessment strategy for human resource professionals and recruitment specialists involved in the selection and development of managerial and professional staff.
As a tool it measures:
- Drawing inferences: The ability to evaluate the validity of inferences drawn from a series of factual statements.
- Recognising assumptions: The ability to identify unstated assumptions or presuppositions in a series of assertive statements
- Argument evalutation: The ability to determine whether certain conclusions necessarily follow from the information in given statements or premises
- Deductive reasoning: The ability to weigh evidence and deciding if generalisations or conclusions based on the given data are warranted
- Logical interpretation: The ability to distinguish between arguments that are strong and relevant and those that are weak or irrelevant to a particular question at issue
Used in conjunction with RANRA itproduced a seamless and demanding appraisal of both higher level numerical and verbal reasoning skills. The high ceiling on both of the measures make WGCTA and RANRA worked together an ideal platform when recruiting in the management market.
E-mail for more information and candidate costs