Great idea – but how do you go about it? And what do you need to think about?
1. Self-assessment – know and understand yourself – are you able to answer in great detail the question – “Who am I?”
2. Review your personal situation – Where are you now? How did you get there? What do you like and dislike? Are you in control? Where do you want to be?
3. Write up all your personal achievements
4. Look back at your work experience – draw on all the jobs you have done and analyse your work history
5. Understand what motivates you. Discover what you are interested in and what your values are. What are your work preferences? Can you capitalise on your hobbies and interests?
6. Put it all together. Understand your personal needs and satisfactions and package yourself for the job market. Tailor your CV, letters and telephone calls.
7. Do a financial inventory. Can you afford to change direction completely?
8. Get ready to go.
And if you want some help preparing contact us.
|Lynn Tulip Career Management Consultant
W. 0870 411411
M. 07801 689801