It’s really important when you are job searching that you maintain morale and build your self-esteem as much as possible.
If you’ve been displaced it’s harder to keep a positive perspective whilst looking for work so here are a few tips for you:
- Think Positive – yes, affirmations can make a big difference and you could replace negative thoughts with positive self instructions to limit any negative thoughts and behaviour
- Deal with the Negatives – unfortunately there might be rejections and disappointments. Learn from the experience, question what you could do differently and how you would change your approach
- Understand Yourself – don’t listen to what others say about you, or let their ideas influence you. Recognise your talent, your strengths and your potential. *
- Use Your Nerves – think of the stress as positive, take deep breathes to control anxiety and work with the adrenalin to deliver your best. Nerves are normal
- Believe in Yourself and Stop Making Excuses – this is a challenging time for you but you have your own unique knowledge, experience and capability which will lead you to success
I recommend Cavendish Films DVDs, which are proven to make candidates at least FOUR times more successful at interview.
*Psychometric tests can give you an in depth understanding, ask me for more information