As far as a job application goes, submitting a good one can be a real conundrum.
Of course, you are keen to find new or alternative employment and you are gathering as much information as you can about yourself, where you want to work, what you want to do and what skills and expertise you have.
You will double your success rate for interviews if you have a targetted job application
It might be that you have rewritten your CV/resume or completed a job application form but if you have not MATCHED the CV/resume or job application form to the vacant role you are applying for, you have set yourself up for failure.
Every job application needs to be unique
How do you match the job application you ask? There are always clues:
- The company’s published material – their values, their products or services and their markets
- The advert – what does it actually ask for in the advert?
- Research the role, the website and the area and check your alignment with them ALL
- Check out your Facebook and privacy settings are appropriate
- Ensure that your LinkedIn profile is up to date
- Make sure your Twitter feed is saying the ‘right thing’