Did you know that the top ten most wanted criteria in a job tend to be:
- the type of work where you can use your skills and experience and feel that you have achieved something
- a job that provides security and continuous employment
- an organisation or company that has a good reputation and that one enjoys and feels proud to work for
- having the opportunity to progress in your career, being able to have career advancement
- working with people who are like-minded, amenable as well as competent
- being paid a fair wage that meets your personal needs and is aligned appropriately with your colleagues
- having a good manager or supervisor; someone who is considerate, competent and fair
- working hours that give you a reasonable work/life balance and allow you time to enjoy your preferred lifestyle
- enjoying benefits that meet your needs and are comparative to others in our situation
- having a safe, comfortable and unstressed working conditions.
So self-awareness, exploration and research are key factors when you are job searching.