CVs are so important, now more than ever before in such a competitive job market.
There are many experts out there, including ASSESSMENT4POTENTIAL, that offeradvice and guidance to help you design that perfect document. Sending your CV electronically nowadays means that you might only have a maximum of 90 seconds to make an impact; and simple tips can make all the difference.
Remembering to number and label each page of your CV might sound like common sense but it’s surprising how many candidates forget a simple thing like that. Sending your CV by email means the CV is an attachment so ensure it is saved with an appropriate file name. And, it might seem obvious but make sure that your e-mail has a unique subject title.
Some quick tips:
- Don’t include a photograph unless requested
- Spell check, grammar check and print on high quality paper
- Avoid adding in too many personal details, interests and hobbies
- ADD key words relevant to your job role and job search
- Avoid gaps in your work history
- Make sure your CV is uptodate
- Write positive but brief letters or emails to accompany your CV
- Tailor your CV for different job applications
- Focus on your Knowledge, Skills and Achievements
- Be truthful at all times.
Remember that your CV does not get you a job, it should however be getting you the interview for the job and the opportunity to demonstrate to potential employers your expertise and how you can work with them.
For an easy and fun way to get a fantastic job winning CV try Top CV Secrets.
Share your own thoughts below...