1) Ensure a robust job description/person specification is in place; you can’t recruit without this basic document.
2) Develop a job advert and best place to advertise – on the net, local paper, specialist journal – the role and the target market decides this
3) Develop a structured interview process – decide who is on panel, what will you say about the company and job, questions, ability test (or even an assessment day if it’s a senior manager or graduate position)
4) Short-list using a grid to avoid discrimination, invite chosen candidates to interview
5) Chose the best candidate on the day and provide a structured induction.
Leave your thoughts below...